This is an ultra linear low noise amplifier that provides exceptional 40 dB gain with only 0.5 dB noise figure. The input damage level is high at +10 dBm.
The LNA can be used in a number of different receiver applications such as TV reception, Ham Radio, ADS-B, AIS, etc. The product is ideally suited as a pre-amplifier and the USB power supply means you can power it off your laptop. The noise figure of this LNA is only 0.5 dB at 500 MHz.
The LNA includes provision for a two-pin header where DC voltage from +5 VDC to +12 VDC may be applied. If the LNA is powered using a USB supply, 5V is available on this header for powering other devices in the receive chain.
- Wideband LNA operates from 10 MHz to 4 GHz
- 0.5 dB Noise Figure at 500 MHz
- LED power indicator
- SMA-F connectors
- USB powered (cable not included)
Power up options
The LNA has multiple power up options.
- The LNA includes a two-pin header where DC may be applied. The supply voltage can be varied over a wide range from +5 VDC to +12 VDC.
- The LNA can be powered using a micro USB supply cable
- The device also has a Bias Tee option so it can be powered remotely. For this you will have to solder an inductor on to the pad close to the RF output. You will need to provide at least +5 VDC on the RF cable. If the bias tee option is enabled, and you power the device over USB, +5 VDC will appear on the RF output and this can damage some receivers or filters that do not have DC protection.
10 MHz 32 dB
50 MHz 42 dB
100 MHz 40 dB
500 MHz 35 dB
1000 MHz 30 dB
1500 MHz 26 dB
2000 MHz 22 dB
2500 MHz 19 dB
3000 MHz 15 dB
3500 MHz 14 dB
4000 MHz 13 dB
Maximum RF Input Power
This LNA has SMA-F connectors on input and output.
If you're powering the LNA using the DC supply always take care to connect + to + or else it will damage the LNA.